Director of Sales - West Region
Mitarbeiter mit Berufserfahrung
Einstellungsbeginn: Die Stelle ist ab sofort verfügbar.
Ort: Tustin, CA
Land: United States
Provide daily support to Regional Sales Managers, while ensuring close cooperation with other sales teams. Includes application identification, customer development and closing of all business opportunities and assuring the satisfaction of these customers in their region. Expected to work with and provide direction to both internal and external marketing functions. Recommend adjustments to the organization, product changes, and/or services to meet the customer’s expectations.
Time Utilization: This position will travel in excess of 50% with the remainder of the time being spent in the office to ensure proper preparation and follow-up. Domestic and international travel required. Normal business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm. Some weekend work required. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate travel, customer needs, trade shows, meetings, and customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic sales and marketing plans, as well as forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services. Participate in the establishment of corporate goals.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitor and report on competitor products, and sales and marketing activities
- Participate in the planning and execution of industry related trade shows
- Maintain professional and collaborative relationships with international colleagues
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly
- Represent organization at trade association meetings to promote products and company
- Engage with clients, assisting sales team with maintaining relationships, and negotiating and closing deals
- Serve as liaison between Sales and other departments
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Review and analyze sales performance against goals to evaluate effectiveness
- Manage and direct staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve goals and objectives
- Define, establish and enhance the roles, goals, and responsibilities for all associates within the department. Ensure that all associates are effectively trained and skill sets match performance requirements. Continually assess goals and progress towards goals on both individual and team levels.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business, or related field and five years industry related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
Language Ability: Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in order to motivate, develop, and encourage department staff and communicate with MULTIVAC customers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must have strong presentation skills.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Power Point, and working knowledge of CRM applications required.
Certificates and Licenses: Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises a team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; applying recognition and discipline as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and developing associates through coaching, counseling, and mentoring. Ensures effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
MULTIVAC Behavior Standard: Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner with others at all times.
If this role aligns with your professional qualifications and career aspirations, we invite you submit your resume and salary requirements to applicant(at)multivac.com for consideration.
MULTIVAC United States
11021 N Pomona Avenue | Kansas City, MO 64153 | Tel. 800-800-8552 | Fax 816-891-0622 | E-Mail info(at)multivac.com | https://us.multivac.com